[Dshield] MS01-044

Paul Marsh pmarsh at nmefdn.org
Thu Aug 16 15:19:01 GMT 2001

I have not read the entire bulletin yet but do plan on it so excuse me if I
put my foot in my mouth a few times.  I had a really bad experience with one
of the last few bulletins.  The patch was installed on 4 out of 6 servers
without a problem but the last two are dual Intel's and the patch blue
screened both of them.  I was hoping people could post how they make out
with this patch and what kind of a box it was installed on.  The last thing
I want to do is to repeat that night mare over again.

Thanx, Paul

 Steven Hull [mailto:h2s0c023 at cablerocket.com]

Just Got a Security message from Microsoft saying they just released a
security cummulative patch for IIS 4.0 & 5.0
This exerp from the message says "In addition to including all previously
released security patches, this patch also includes fixes for five newly
discovered security vulnerabilities affecting IIS 4.0 and 5.0: "

Microsoft encourages customers to review the Security Bulletin at:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS01-044.asp.