[Dshield] Port question

Jochen Grotepass Jochen.Grotepass at sagadc.de
Fri Aug 17 14:30:13 GMT 2001

We have recognized the same behavior and found that people using "passive"
FTP mode are creating this sort of problems. This means the FTP-client is
requesting the data port for FTP. The FTP-Server opens this port and the
client tries to connect to it. In our installation, the CISCO does not
accept a dynamic reconfiguration for this type of request and the client
dies.

Perhaps a simple reason for this problem.

Jochen Grotepass