[Dshield] door opener

Susan Buczak pobox2 at pinn.net
Fri Aug 24 11:41:07 GMT 2001

Hello.

New here. I think code red is just a door opener for other stuff. I
have never received as much suspicious possible virus email as I have
during the past 2 months.

I just reformatted this computer because there was way too much
evidence of something... so it's 5 days old.

I found my link to windows explorer looked like this last night:
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE/n,/e,C:\

I have an executable in here already that does a running process, but
I cannot find it even with hidden files showing.

Not like theres a lot of stuff in here so it should be easy one would
think... my computer sends two passwords at logon to my isp. That I
cannot figure out yet either. They are getting in here I think via
email. Then they sync data out somehow. I have deleted 'mobsync'
twice and it showed up again last night. I do wonder I am logging in
twice to my isp or to someone elses??? I have been through all the
settings numerous times, I am not a novice, and I cannot find the
problem. figure I will determine what I need on this end to fully
protect the mailbox/system then formatt again and reload clean AGAIN
hopefully.

Does anyone know if its possible for a hacker to affect the bios of a
system? On last format this drive seemed to remember stuff it should
related to internet connections. I could just be ultra paranoid about
that one but it sure did seem that way.

Does anyone know how to remove unneeded stuff from a systems
registry? Whats safe, whats not? is it ok to open the reg file in a
text editor then save back to disk?

S.