[Dshield] door opener

RShady RShady at stny.rr.com
Fri Aug 24 15:05:23 GMT 2001

Does anyone know how to remove unneeded stuff from a systems
registry? Whats safe, whats not? is it ok to open the reg file in a
text editor then save back to disk?

You really have to know what you're doing when you edit the registry.  I use ConfigSafe which backs up the
registry on a daily basis and you can specify what in the registry you can back up.  The cool thing about
ConfigSafe is that you can roll back the system configuration to a previous good configuration.  I've had to
roll back my W2k Pro a few times.  It really saved my bacon.  It's worth the bucks and you can find it here:
http://www.configsafe.com/index.htm