[Dshield] Netscape

RShady RShady at stny.rr.com
Sat Aug 25 00:30:07 GMT 2001

I've been wanting to know this for a while.  Getting off of the track of
what we normally converse about at dshield, the question is.  Is the
Netscape browser more secure than Internet Explorer?  I currently have
Netscape Communicator 4.78 as my default, and Internet Explorer 5.5 SP-1
as my backup.  I've never known of any security patches/fixes for
Netscape but tons of security patches for IE.
The only thing that I can figure out is that when ever Netscape comes
out with a new version, that the security patches are incorporated into
the new version.
To sum it up-M$ makes a big deal out of security for its browser, and by
rights they are correct.  But, Netscape on the other hand issues no
security vulnerabilities what so ever.  Please enlighten me.  Thanks