[Dshield] virus?

Scott Fendley scottf at uark.edu
Mon Aug 27 23:10:41 GMT 2001

Toby,

Yes,  this is a computer virus that has been extremely busy over the past
2 months.  The name of it is Sircam.  Between it and CodeRed, the security
experts have been really busy since mid july.  The following URL has more
information to glean about this virus and has a removal tool available:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.worm@mm.html

Scott Fendley
University of Arkansas