[Dshield] Road Runner

Mitch Thompson mitchthompson at satx.rr.com
Tue Aug 28 09:42:23 GMT 2001

Am I dreaming, or shouldn't it be possible for the highly skilled RoadRunner
sysadmins to cross-ref the TCP/IP address, and date-time stamp to find the
MAC of the cable modem assigned that address and then to notify the
subscriber that they need to fix their machine?  Or even turn off the cable
modem remotely?

Since 99.99% of all hits to my firewall for port 80 are from 24.xx (the other
.01% seems to be from 216.xxx)., maybe it's time to start emailing my log
entries to RR tech support with the suggestion they do just that.