[Dshield] Firewall Client

Mitch Thompson mitchthompson at satx.rr.com
Tue Aug 28 10:02:19 GMT 2001

The best IPChains setup program I have used so far has been a script called
"PMFirewall".  It is a simple script and some config files that basically ask
you questions about what servers you are running and whether the machine you
are running it on will be masquerading (NAT) for an internal network.  Then
it sets up the ipchains rules and installs the startup in /etc/rc.d/init.d,
and all the links in the rc?.d directories.  No GUI interface, but then,
those always confused me.  Simple and clean.

Wish it would be updated to work with IPTables, though.