[Dshield] Code Red: And the winner is...

IT Department - CI Holding Group, Inc. it at ciholding.com
Tue Aug 28 22:59:33 GMT 2001

At 04:28 PM 8/28/2001 -0400, Johannes B. Ullrich wrote:
>I did try to get some contact info for Concentric. But their contact page
>(IIS) is down. Doesn't look like CodeRed though. Maybe it got hit by an
>older worm... who knows.

Here's some disconcerting news...

I spoke with an abuse rep from Concentric/XO Communications via telephone
to inform them that we are being barraged by CR attacks from several of
their owned Class B's...

Concentric Abuse Rep: "Okay, do you have a list of IP's that I could have?"
Me: "Yes, I e-mailed them to your abuse dept yesterday"
Concentric Abuse Rep: "Oh, is that what those were for?"
Me: "Yes.  Why don't you guys go buy the eEye Code Red class B scanner?"
Concentric Abuse Rep: "Where would I find info about that?  And who is eEye?"

Enough said....

tmp

i n f o r m a t i o n   t e c h n o l o g y   d e p a r t m e n t
              C I  H O L D I N G  G R O U P ,  I N C
e-mail:// it at ciholding.com      tel:// +1 (760) 471-8536
                     fax:// +1 (760) 471-0399