[Dshield] RE: Dshield digest, Vol 1 #228 - 10 msgs

Josh Tolley josh at raintreeinc.com
Wed Aug 29 16:37:45 GMT 2001

The other day we ran MS's HFNETCHK (or whatever the cryptic name they gave
it is) and installed a bunch of patches it said we needed (I say that
tritely, but we did go over the patch info to see if it was really
necessary).  The machine is a win2k advanced server running, among other
things, our mail and web services.  After installing the patches (and I
unfortunately don't remember which ones we installed) the machine wouldn't
boot, and we had to reinstall everything.  Anyway, I guess this isn't a
widespread problem or I would have heard of someone else having it, but
there's my (admittedly very un-specific) word of warning nonetheless.

Josh Tolley