[Dshield] Portsentry Client

joe.duncan@hrdc-drhc.gc.ca joe.duncan at hrdc-drhc.gc.ca
Tue Jul 3 19:59:57 GMT 2001

Yeah, I use it all the time and it works fine on my system, although I'm not
sure what changes have been made since I wrote it.

The line you refer to should look  like:

print TMP
"$year-$month-$day\t$userid\t1\t$source_ip\t$source_port\t$target_ip\t$target_p
ort\t$protocol\n";

What other errors are you getting? Have you verifed that all the paths in the
script are the same as the ones on your system?

Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Joe Duncan
HRI Systems
Human Resources Development Canada/
Développement des ressources humaines Canada
joe.duncan at hrdc-drhc.gc.ca
Tel: (819)997-7986
Fax:(819)994-4544
Place du Centre 1 floor/étage
200 Promenade du Portage
Hull, QC
K1A 0J9

---------- Original Text ----------

From: "Dan Crooks" <dcrooks at succeed.net>, on 03/07/2001 3:50 PM:

Just wondering if anyone has gotten this script to work?  I am getting
a bunch of errors when I run it:

Backslash found where operator expected at ./portsentry.pl line 95, near
"$day\" (Missing operator before \?)
Syntax error at ./portsentry.pl line 95, near "$day\"

I am getting more errors also, but I didn't want to post them here.  Most of
the errors are like the one above
or a Bareword error.  I noticed the client text was cropped when I visited
the link for it, and I fixed the
lines manually.