[Dshield] Frequency of posts

joe.duncan@hrdc-drhc.gc.ca joe.duncan at hrdc-drhc.gc.ca
Fri Jul 6 17:29:42 GMT 2001

Yes, people will still be scanning you if your machine is on, even if you are
away. The data you collect while not being there is still usefull as it can
be cross-referenced with the data other people submit and could very well
help identify crackers.

Joe Duncan
HRI Systems/Systèmes d'IRH
Human Resources Development Canada/
Développement des ressources humaines Canada
joe.duncan at hrdc-drhc.gc.ca
Tel: (819)997-7986
Fax:(819)994-4544
Place du Centre 1 flr/étage
200 Promenade du Portage
Hull, QC
K1A 0J9

---------- Original Text ----------

From: "Ron Callahan" <jrc180 at bellsouth.net>, on 06/07/2001 1:27 PM:

Considering that my job usually keeps me away from home five days a week, is
it worthwhile to continue sending my log reports and should I discontinue?

My internet connection stays open when I'm at home, usually on weekends.

Thanks

James Callahan