[Dshield] DShield discovers first Telnetd exploit victim

Patrick Oonk patrick at pine.nl
Wed Jul 25 21:13:53 GMT 2001

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 04:20:37PM -0400, Johannes B. Ullrich wrote:

>   Many of you probably heard already, that exploit code was
> release a couple days ago that allows remote root access to
> many systems running telnet. I just got a reply in on some
> "Fightback" we sent out that indicates that a worm using this
> vulnerability is already on the lose and taking out systems.

I don't see any evidence there's a worm on the lose.
What's your assumption based on ?

	best wishes

	Patrick

--
 Patrick Oonk - PO1-6BONE - E: patrick at pine.nl - www.pine.nl/~patrick
 Pine Internet  -  PAT31337-RIPE  -   Hushmail: p.oonk at my.security.nl
 T: +31-70-3111010  -   F: +31-70-3111011   -  http://security.nl
 PGPID 155C3934 fp DD29 1787 8F49 51B8 4FDF  2F64 A65C 42AE 155C 3934
 Excuse of the day: Your computer's union contract is set to
 expire at midnight.