[Dshield] alarm

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Fri Jul 27 01:32:58 GMT 2001

This is a scan for a trojan called 'SubSeven'. Sub seven is all too comon
and people just scan random computers for it. There are even some worms
(e.g. the 'leaves' worm that caused headlines recently) that use SubSeven
to spread.

Many people run SubSeven and don't know it. It's one of these things
people get you to install it by advertising it as a way to increase your
modem speed or whatever.

Once installed, SubSeven give strangers full access to your PC. However, a
virus scanner will recognize and remove SubSeven (so make sure that you
got a current virus scanner).

--
-------
                                     Distributed Intrusion Detection System