[Dshield] DShield.py

Eelco Lempsink eelco at 33lc0.net
Sun Nov 4 19:33:40 GMT 2001

Hello,

A few weeks ago I wrote a new DShield.org client. It's a Python
script that parses Linux iptables logs to the DShield format and
mails it (using 'mail').

The client is still in a kind of 'Alpha' status, but it's usable
(for me, at least :-)

But since I'm still (kind of) new to Python, and don't have a lot of
iptables logs to test, I want to ask for help. So if you're a Python
guru, or just curious and wanting to test, please go to
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dshieldpy for more information and
the latest version (0.2) of the client. Also, be sure to read the
notes for release 0.1
(http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=59200).

You'll have to edit the script to set it up correctly for your
system (and your userid, etc.) Please don't use the script to submit
to DShield unless you're sure you know what the script does and the
output is correct.

Thanks in advance.

--
Eelco Lempsink  -  eelco @ 33lc0.net  -  (www|monade).33lc0.net