[Dshield] Re: Dshield digest, Vol 1 #325 - 4 msgs

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Fri Nov 9 04:52:08 GMT 2001

TC:

You might have a look at:

http://www.ipindex.net/index.html

I suppose you could "save as" locally some of the pages there, and edit
the html to make the links work correctly.

(The author seems to allow that:

"Q: Can I obtain a copy of your database?
A: There is no database - the data on this site exists only as the web
pages. You could either download them all using a web-whacker program,
or contact ARIN, RIPE and APNIC to see if they supply a text file of
their databases."

although it might be nice to email him if you download it.)

As Johannes said elsewhere, some of the address ranges (particularily in
the class C range) get broken down into pretty small increments..

I suppose it depends a lot on what level of detail you want to have offline.

Also, if it's offline, you get to maintain it, somehow...

HTH..

- John