[Dshield] re fightback - lots of 'hey, dont bug us' messages from nicdb@ripe.net

Mark Rowlands mark.rowlands at minmail.net
Sat Nov 17 19:51:49 GMT 2001

sending this again as i have not seen it on the list and have had nothing
from Johannes......

just had a look at my fightback summary and noticed a lot of
messages from  nicdb at ripe.net essentially saying go look for
the real owner of this ip address!.  So it looks like we are bugging
the wrong people.

an excerpt!

Short & To The Point Version:

     Are you looking for the users of some IP address?
     We are not those users.
     We are not their service provider either.
     We probably have nothing to do with them, other than that we handed
     out the IP addresses to their ISP. (We are, in some aspects, the
     European InterNIC.)

     Please use the RIPE Database to find the real contact information
     for an IP address (range).

--
Common sense is instinct, and enough of it is genius.
Josh Billings