[Dshield] IIS hacked - help????

Sean Graham seangra at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 25 19:44:51 GMT 2001

First of all, can you disconnect the machine from the network?

I don't know if rebooting is a good idea, but if you can do that, go into a
recovery console and see if you can delete the files/directories from
there, or at the very least rename them.  Set the IIS service to "manual"
for bootup so you can reboot without it running to finish cleaning up the
mess.  You might need to change the policies for recovery console to allow
you to access all files/directories, as by default you can't do that.

and by DOS you mean "cmd.exe" or actually via windws98 or something?

is the user that you're using to change these things still an administrator?

right click on the directories that you can't get access to and change the
security permissions.  if you are still an administrator you can do that.

good luck.

-- Sean