[Dshield] Off topic: IIS lockdown tool "did not disable extensions" incident

Sean Graham seangra at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 00:49:47 GMT 2001

"as expected"?

You emailed the wrong people, they told you where to go.  They are not
allowed/able to give technical support for products, even if those products
are security products.  Email PSS, and see what they say.  Would you expect
to be able to go to some (or your) companies IS tech support department and
ask for product support on a product that your company makes?  Didn't think
so.  If you are the tech support, if someone came to you, would you (be
able to) help them, or would you refer them to your tech support department?

And BTW, when I ran the tool it worked fine, do you have any other machines
that you can try the tool on?  Can you manually remove the
extensions?  What other software was installed on the machines prior to
running the tool?

-- Sean