[Dshield] FW: Padlock Fix details are to be made PUBLIC on November 23, 20 01

Wilson, Jesse (I.T. Dept) WilsonJ at stifel.com
Tue Oct 16 21:38:28 GMT 2001

FYI, for any Novell shops.
Jesse

-----Original Message-----
From: Novell [mailto:EINFO at novell.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 1:01 PM
To: Wilson, Jesse (I.T. Dept)
Subject: Padlock Fix details are to be made PUBLIC on November 23, 2001

On August 14, 2001, Novell announced the discovery of a security issue in
GroupWise 5.5 Enhancement Pack and GroupWise 6 to its customers. At that
time, the Padlock Fix was provided to customers to address this issue. It
has been the intention of the Novell Collaboration Services group to release
more detailed information about the nature of the security issue once
customers had sufficient time apply the Padlock Fix.

Our current support data shows that over 85% of our directly trackable
customers have applied the fix to date. Based on this, Novell plans to
provide more detailed information about the nature of the Padlock security
issue on November 23, 2001 at Noon MST. This should provide sufficient time
for any remaining customers to apply the fix. To this date Novell is not
aware of any customer system compromises due to this issue.

If your organization operates GroupWise 5.5 Enhancement Pack or GroupWise 6
and has not applied the Padlock Fix, we highly recommend you do so as soon
as possible. The Padlock Fix is available at
http://support.novell.com/padlock

Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software
http://www.novell.com
---
This message was sent to you as a result of your previous business
interactions with Novell.

To have your e-mail address, [wilsonj at stifel.com], removed from Novell's