[Dshield] Another simple question...

Gary Garrison garyg at fbtc.net
Sun Oct 28 18:59:47 GMT 2001

Oops.  Talk about not answering the question...

To translate to a dotted decimal subnet mask:

Form a 32 bit string of n binary ones, zero padded, separated into groups of
8, (dotted binary?) where n is the number after the slash.

e.g. /25 would be 11111111.11111111.11111111.10000000

Convert each group of 8 bits into a decimal number.

e.g. 255.255.255.128

Gary