[Dshield] Requester pop-ups

Ian Webb iwebb at carolina.rr.com
Sat Aug 3 12:45:35 GMT 2002

I've been using Pop-Up Stopper from www.panicware.com for a while now..
the freeware version is very effective at stopping popups and popunders.
You can set it to a more aggressive blocking mode, which is better at
blocking meta refresh and normal window opening from a link, but I've
been happy with the less aggressive mode, which doesn't interfere with
normal browsing as much. You hold down the control key to temporarily
turn blocking off when you *want* a given popup to appear, as with those
sites that use them for definitions or help or whatnot. I have it set up
to play a short .wav every time it blocks a window, and I hear it go off
a lot. Definitely blocks almost every advertising popup and popunder --
it's a great product.