[Dshield] Requester pop-ups

Peter Stendahl-Juvonen peter.stendahl-juvonen at welho.com
Sat Aug 3 15:12:58 GMT 2002

Keith [S.], et al.

Thanks for kind comment. It seems we share same sort of experiences with
privacy control software.

However, it would appear that a particular piece of software has evolved

in it's sophistication after you had the chance to glance an eye over
it.
-Wouldn't it? ;-)

1) The general privacy settings are applied to any sites you don't
customize privacy settings for. You don't have to customize settings for
each site to be protected.

2) But you also have the means to customize cookie control and mobile
code control settings for specific Web sites.

a)	Setting options for a site can be done easily by opening the
	Site Options dialog box.
b)	Use the Cookies tab, Ad blocking tab, and Mobile Code tab to
	customize settings for the selected site.

3) You also have a Site list which displays sites you have visited in
your current session, and sites for which you have previously customized
settings. If you do not customize settings for a site you've visited, it
is dropped from the list when you shut down your computer or shut down
the software firewall.

a)	You can either use this automatically created [session] list for
	Adding a site to the list
b)	Or you can manually add a site to the list. The Add dialog box
	opens.

4) Whenever something is blocked from being displayed by privacy control
when you visit a site, you will see (in a refined signal) that the
privacy
control feature has affected the appearance of the site. At the same
time
you also have an immediate, trivial-to-use shortcut to re-trim
the settings if it would prove to be necessary.

-- Peter

"Everything becomes a little different as soon as it is spoken out
loud."
          Hermann Hesse (1877 - 1962); German-born Swiss writer.

Of Keith Smith