[Dshield] Port 1214

Christopher Ness mness215 at attbi.com
Sat Aug 3 16:26:32 GMT 2002

For a while now I have been being besieged by port 1214 attempts.
Dshield rejects the submission of those lines - probably assuming them benign.
The DShield database says merely "File Sharing Software".
I am not running any file sharing software. Neither on the outer Linux box,
not on the inner Windows machine.. And I have been all over the inner with
Ad-Aware and Spybot-Search. I guess Dshield may be right that it is benign,
but it is annoying and disconcerting to see my submission acknowlegements
come back with "56 lines rejected".
Anyone have any ideas?