[Dshield] Database of Known Malicious IP Address/IP Networks

EmmettO@mtp.gov EmmettO at mtp.gov
Thu Aug 8 14:31:27 GMT 2002

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for the block list and bogon list.

I would find the IP-->country database really useful.  If you could dump
it to an ASCII file for download, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your help,
Emmett O'Reilly

> Does anyone have any opinions on this approach or any suggestions?

We do publish a 'block list' it includes netblocks that show up as the
top attackers in our DShield database. For details, see:

http://www.dshield.org/block_list_info.html

There is also a 'bogon list' of unused IP addresses you may want
to use to reject spoofed traffic. See

http://www.cymru.com/Documents/bogon-dd.html

I can make another dump of the IP->country database we use
for dshield. Occassionally, I dump it to an ASCII file for
download.