[Dshield] A Little Humor To Lighten Things Up

Mark Rowlands mark.rowlands at minmail.net
Fri Aug 9 21:28:03 GMT 2002

On Thu August 8 2002 01:14, Johannes Ullrich wrote:
> > Did you know about yesterday's FBI alert?
> > http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,54382,00.html

snip
>  How long
> would it take you to switch ISPs if you bascially can't get
> anywhere on the net?

snip

I dont know if this is generic but recently I have problems with both of my
isps, getting them to respond to anything without a using a cattleprod is
proving problematic. I reported a critical incident today (during a network
upgrade, one of their routers attached to our network was reconfigured - at
our request, unfortunately they transposed a couple of digits and gave it the
ip address of a an NT pdc) Six hour later I am still waiting....

At both ISPs I used to able to talk to technically competent staff pretty much
strightaway, now I seem to have fight through two or three layers before I
fond someone who doesnt immediately think of thongs when I say cisco.

grrrrrr

this concludes my rant...thank you for listening