[Dshield] Request for Fightback feature

SimonMagus SimonMagus72 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 21 02:46:51 GMT 2002

   I am new here, only recently came across DShield's site. So far I keep checking on a regular basis since I actually find it to be quite a userful site on security. My biggest gripe about these security sites and other online security tools has been an almost complete lack of centralisation where 'we the computing public' who are apparently only important to the security experts as means to develop and foist more and more security bells and whistles ( like what good does this online tool located here: http://security1.norton.com/ssc/vr_main.asp?langid=us&venid=sym&plfid=22&pkj=VEOLZOGIJPUVGCWETOM  after it does its scan? It essentially does nothing - as far as I can tell, on the surface that would first help the average user in the fight against the increasingly annoying ( as well as destructive among other things ) malicious internet interlopers.
  I like that you can submit your logs here on Dshield and be able to compare/check the hits on your personal system against a centralised database. And my suggestion to Dshield's moderator ( if there is one around here? ) is to provide a way that us non-corporate types are doing in our battle against the rising tides. :-)
   The ease with which I can now do the hits comparisons makes it so much easier for me to now send detailed intrusion attempts that, apart from the auto-response replies, it actually feels good when you personally receive a reply such as the following ....

==========

Thank you for your report of an AUP violation.

We have identified the offending computer and will take appropriate action(s).

Please contact us again if you have questions or if you wish to report other instances of abuse by Shaw Internet customers.

Our AUP can be located at https://secure.shaw.ca/policy/Use-Policy.asp for reference.

Acceptable Use Policy Management Team
Shaw High-Speed Internet Service
Shaw Cablesystems G.P.
Suite 1100, 630 - 3rd Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 4L4
Telephone: (403)750-7420
Facsimile: (403)234-6280
<mailto:internet.abuse at sjrb.ca>(jkl)

https://secure.shaw.ca/policy/Use-Policy.asp

Please include all previous correspondence when replying