[Dshield] Honeypots for XP; Thanks Talisker and Tom Liston!!

Tom Liston tliston at premmag.com
Thu Aug 22 13:54:14 GMT 2002

What Andy is referring to is that I sent him out the latest beta of
the Win32 version of LaBrea.  It *should* run on all Win32 platforms
(98/ME/XP/NT/2K).  I've spent a great deal of time removing its
reliance on LibNetNT (which kept it an "NT-only" program), by re-
writing all of the functions to use the more cross-platform
"packet.dll" libraries.

If anyone is interested in playing around with it, let me know.  Not
a whole lot of documentation currently... ;-)

-TL

On 21 Aug 2002 at 20:20, andy wrote:

> Many thanks Talisker for all this information. I am new to this sort of
> thing and not very technical, but I would like to learn.
> Also a big thank you to Tom Liston !! Now I`ll try and get it to work.
>
> One further question if I may, Johannes why do all your messages come
> through as blank with attachments ? I really don`t like opening attachments
> :(

Tom Liston, GSEC
Network Administrator
Prem Magnetics, Inc.