[Dshield] Klez any one + Congratulations & General thank you, John Hardin!

Peter Stendahl-Juvonen peter.stendahl-juvonen at welho.com
Fri Aug 23 20:28:55 GMT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: list-admin at dshield.org [mailto:list-admin at dshield.org] On Behalf
Of

John Hardin

Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 3:32 AM, To: list at dshield.org
Subject: Re: [Dshield] Klez any one

<snip>
Take a look at http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/procmail-security.html
<snip>

If the great work I have just had the chance to glance an eye over is by
the very same John Hardin I have had the honour and pleasure to get to
know a little thru the colourful, entertaining, and yet in depth posts
on this list, please accept at first my worm appreciation of the work
done in-

Enhancing E-Mail Security With Procmail
the E-mail Sanitizer
Home at http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/procmail-security.html

A minor detail- re: Introduction at
http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/sanitizer-intro.html

1) Even though this Web page should be quite up-to-date:

$Id: sanitizer-intro.html,v 1.23 2002-07-20 19:09:29-07 jhardin Exp
jhardin $
Contents Copyright (C) 2002 by John D. Hardin - All Rights Reserved.

2) There's a minor inaccuracy in a reference [unless actually referring
to that very version of the product mentioned by the Author] in the
fourth chapter -- right after the eight links to Symantec's Web page:

"... Visit the links and download the removal tools and run them. To
protect yourself against future attacks, install antivirus software
(Norton 2000 is good) and keep the virus signatures up-to-date. Also,
make sure your antivirus software is not excluding any files from its
scan."

3) The present and most recent version is "NAV 2002" with "NAV 2003" to
come (with included on-line protection for IM).

4) Presenting the product as, e.g. "NAV 200x" will comfortably allow
being work-shy regarding constant updating of information.

Once again very best thanks for sharing the information and useful
pieces of advice. Please, keep up the good work.

-- Peter

       "There is nothing in this world constant but inconstancy."
                Jonathan Swift (1667-1745); Irish author.