[Dshield] Proof of hacker. What do I do?

Linda godawgs47 at ellijay.com
Tue Aug 27 14:51:43 GMT 2002

I was using Mcafee. Keep in ming that I didn't have a firewall at all until
I started having problems and was told to get one. That has been a week or
so ago. Then an FBA agent told me to get ZoneAlarm. So I got that and
deactivate Mcafee. I just use the Mcafee anti-virus. I did go and buy Norton
and when we blow the system out today I will be installing Norton. Mcafee
and Zone Alarm were download from the internet. I needed a CD in my hand to
install before I ever connect to the net. I have no idea which one is the
best.

Something was running in the background before I ever installed the
firewall. Something is using memory now. You can log on and have everything
running and resources are at 75%. I have tried just sitting there at the
keyboard and not doing a thing except to right click on my computer and
check resources. They just keep falling to 18%. That is with me not hitting
a key stroke.

I do remember getting something fwd from a known friend and noticed there
email address had changed to HEYYOU something. I clicked on it and opened
it. When I wrote my friend back they couldn't remember sending me anything.
(Linda)