[Dshield] Database of Known Malicious IP Address/IP Networks

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Tue Aug 27 17:40:50 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 03:54, Johannes Ullrich wrote:

> > I would find the IP-->country database really useful.  If you could dump
> > it to an ASCII file for download, I would appreciate it.
>
> try http://feeds.dshield.org/countries.txt
>
> some of the oddities:
> country EU: IP ranges used in more than one european country.

Johannes:

I've been trying to use this list to do some antispam blocking and in
addition to the duplicate entries, I have found that some entries in the
various regional registries do not appear - for instance, a set of about
six class-B networks in .CN aren't included in the .CN entries in this
file.

How is this list generated, and how frequently is it updated?

 "To disable the Internet to save EMI and Disney is the moral
  equivalent of burning down the library of Alexandria to ensure the
  livelihood of monastic scribes."
                                    -- John Ippolito of the Guggenheim