[Dshield] What is this?

Ed Truitt ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Tue Jul 2 23:27:38 GMT 2002

AltaVista is a web search engine.  They use the spider to map / index the
web sites.  To deter them, you should create a "robots.txt" file and put in
what you want the search engines to ignore.  There is a document on how to
create such a file available at http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/norobots.html.

You may not have the files on your server, but it is quite possible that the
URLs are referenced in the pages you do have.

Cheers,
Ed Truitt
http://www.etee2k.net
http://www.bsatroop148.org