[Dshield] igrp-routers-mcast.net

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Fri Jul 5 13:09:34 GMT 2002

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 02:15:22PM -0700, Wayne Beckham wrote:

> I was taking a look at the TRAFSHOW for a little sniffer I've got
> running and came across a system attempting to contact
> igrp-routers-mcast.net.  The protocol is shown to be "unk"
>
> I'm not sure what to make of this - can anyone explain it to me?

ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc1700.txt

"ASSIGNED NUMBERS"

"PROTOCOL NUMBERS
 In the Internet Protocol (IP) [DDN], [RFC791] there is a field, called
Protocol, to identify the next level protocol.  This is an 8 bit
field."

<snip>
:
88   IGRP     IGRP                  [CISCO,GXS]
:
<snip>

Running Cisco routers, perhaps?

- John
--
^ALÍ! This program cannot be run in DOS mode.^M