[Dshield] Concentric / XO

Dave Young dave at boldfish.com
Mon Jul 8 19:46:41 GMT 2002

> At 01:13 PM 7/6/2002 +0200, you wrote:
> >I am receiving loads of open relay scans from concentric.net / xo.com
> >netblocks. Contacted their abuse department five times last week but the
> >intensity of the scans only goes up when I do so, and I never get any reply.

XO / Concentric's abuse dept. is completely worthless. They are either
under staffed or just don't care, either way the net result is the same,
they're completely worthless. It's probably in your best interest to
just start dropping packets from those hosts. On my home network, I drop
their entire block because I have so much distaste for that ISP.