[Dshield] New Nimda ?

Dean White dean at achillean.com.au
Thu Jul 11 15:38:57 GMT 2002

All,
Just as a side note, do remember that for PATH MTU discovery one implementation
of the RFC says the remote system can use ICMP ping to determine the MTU size.

IBM AIX 4.3 is an example of a system which uses this to determine MTU size.

Whilst this may not be the case in this circumstance, it is important to
remember where responses like this are seen.

Cheers,
Dean White
Asia-Pac Incident Co-ordinator
SANS Incidents.org