[Dshield] Question about Klez

Mercy Mercymail at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 11 18:16:53 GMT 2002

I received an email today wich did not contain an attachment.  My mail program opens up the mail on the bottom of the list first, and when it did that, my norton poped up saying that the email contained a file named unknown093e.data, and that it was Klez.

I just did a full system scan last night on my computer.  Nothing was found.

How could I have gotten Klez from her without an attachment?

Also, it was a legitimate email, not one that would have been automatically sent by the virus.

Please educate me.

Thank you.

Mercy