[Dshield] Most active port: other?

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Sun Jul 14 16:34:55 GMT 2002

Daniel:

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 07:29:06PM -0700, Daniel Gerald Kluge wrote:
> Hello there,
> I hope this question hasn't been asked and answered 200 times already,
> but since the mailing-list archive is not working that well, I'll have
> to ask;
>
> The most attacked port seems to be still 80, but if you look at the
> current graph on dshield.org (dated 7/11), almost all parts of the world
> seem to see 'other ports' being attacked.
>
> Anybody knowing any details?

When I click on a specific pie chart, I'm taken to a page specific to
that area of the globe.

For example, at this moment (early am PDT, 07/14/02) Europe shows zero
scans whatsoever. This may translate into "other" on the pie chart
map.

There is a dropdown list on the Europe page; when I take 07/11/02 (the
most recent date) there are some more specific numbers - although they
seem so low as to make little sense...

So I'd say that the home page pie charts represent a set of
zero-to-small data points..

- John
--
"Obviously, we do not want to leave zombies around."