[Dshield] "Personal Firewalls" are mostly snake-oil"

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Mon Jul 22 21:58:13 GMT 2002

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 08:22:33PM +0100, Keith Gainford wrote:

> [...]

What attachment?

I'm seeing this:

<snip headers>
<snip headers>

and this:

I  1 <no description>              [text/plain, 7bit, US-ASCII, 1.7K]
I  2 <no description>                [applica/pgp-signat, 7bit, 0.2K]

So we've got text, and a PGP signature. Not any attachment, in the
sense that Johannes means, and most people thing "email attachment" to
mean.

It may have something more to do with your MUA:

<snip other headers>
<snip other headers>

...and PGP.

Now, Mutt invokes PGP automatically, so I don't have to *do* anything
when I merely read a PGP-signed email...

- JOhn
--
"Cowardly refusing to create an empty archive."