[Dshield] "Personal Firewalls" are mostly snake-oil?

Gene Bradford geneb at columbus.rr.com
Wed Jul 24 22:42:37 GMT 2002

Peter,

just a very brief reply here and then we can msg. in private if you'd like to.
and my statement is:  you're ok.  i suddenly realized that what we all might
be experiencing here is a very minor case of language barrier for lack of a
better phrase.  i'm most impressed with your command of English and
congratulate you on it, btw.  i will note though, that the same phrase or
word can have an entirely different meaning in the literal sense and when
used in idiom.  thanks for your patience.  if you would like to continue the
firewall discussion or the finer points of what's already been said in
"private" i'd be more than happy to.

best wishes to you as well...gene