[Dshield] TCP Port 17300 scans increased

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Thu Jul 25 21:02:01 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 13:22, Tim Rushing wrote:
> So, I guess I just don't understand the problem
> with a post like this.

Well, isn't the point of having a database to centrally collect all of
these reports is to have someplace to go to *see* if others are
experiencing the activity you are?

That was my point, sorry if I presented it crudely. It just strikes me
as humorous that we're all feeding our data into this big shared
database, yet people pop up on the mailing list and ask "does anybody
else see X traffic?"

 "To disable the Internet to save EMI and Disney is the moral
  equivalent of burning down the library of Alexandria to ensure the
  livelihood of monastic scribes."
                                    -- John Ippolito of the Guggenheim