[Dshield] Hard to Read this List Sometimes

Peter Stendahl-Juvonen peter.stendahl-juvonen at welho.com
Fri Jul 26 13:28:37 GMT 2002

Bob, James, et al.

1) I do not see the phenomenon either, unless I go to DShield Archives.
There this "problem" can be encountered if you also look at the last
part of the postings sent.
(And only very briefly in the beginning of posts, two three short lines
only. Analogical to the PGP stuff that we can rest our eyes upon.) Is
this widely experienced as a [real] problem?

2) I have not experienced any problem in the HTML vs. plain text aspect.

3) In my opinion plain text vs. HTML is more of a security related
issue. (At least if you receive mail from un-trusted third parties.) I
do not consider this a problem either since protecting oneself against
attacks via HTML in email can comprehensively be dealt with.

4) Why are the options [at http://www.dshield.org/mailman/subscribe/list
]

Get MIME or Plain Text Digests?
If you have any problems with MIME digests, select plain text.
 MIME  Plain Text

provided or enabled if not to be used? Have new, (at the time of the
building the system) not foreseen aspects arisen?

5) The closer the "text" is to hexadecimal or binary the closer it is to
the machine and the farther away from the human. By this I do not,
however mean that I expect animated or postings flavoured with audio
messages from fellow members of Dshield General Discussion list. If HTML
provides means for the author to better serve the fellow reader(s) then
it's richness in giving us options.

Best Wishes,
Peter