[Dshield] Bouncing traffic off host?

Tom Liston tliston at premmag.com
Fri Jul 26 16:46:25 GMT 2002

What you've got is a webserver acting as a proxy, and it's obviously
been discovered and "publicized" in some manner and is being used.

Most webservers can be configured to "proxy" requests, meaning that
you can send it a request for a different URL and it will go and
fetch the content at that URL and deliver it back to you.  Publicly
accessible machines SHOULD NOT be set up to proxy.

Shut it down.

-TL