[Dshield] ad.uk.tangozebra

Keith G keith.gainford at which.net
Mon Jul 29 14:37:54 GMT 2002

Hi All,

Hope someone can help a home user with a problem. ad.uk.tangozebra hit ZAPro
numerous times with scans which ZA rejected. In view of the number of scans
I put the entire ISP space (Intellispace Inc) into ZA blocked zone. However
since then when I connect and fire up IE5.5sp2, I get an ACCESS warning
"Your computer was prevented from connecting to a restricted site
(66.9.53.130:80)" Direction: Outgoing (connect).
The program is shown as Internet Explorer.

I therefore denied access to all programs except IE and Nav. On reconnecting
I still got the ACCESS warning message. I understand "tangozebra" makes use
of the doubleclick cookie, I have run Adaware with the lastest sig file, but
found nothing. I also use Cookiewall, which automatically deletes
doubleclick if received when online. Nav virus check found nothing, as did
Swatit a trojan+bot finder.

I have cleaned out the browser history file and temp internet files. I have
looked in the cookies folder but can`t find any references to tangozebra or
doubleclick. I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS I am not too computer literate, so if I need to delve into the mysteries
of the Registry, I would need step by step instructions.

Keith G