[Dshield] NETBIOS ports

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Sat Jun 1 03:52:26 GMT 2002

Check out "Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control" at:

http://lartc.org/

and particularily the HOWTO:

http://lartc.org/HOWTO//cvs/2.4routing/html/index.html

It explains all the uses of the "ip" command family - which is
available in many distros in the 2.2.x kernel series, as well as 2.4.x

As to your question, I'd say that "ip" works on the kernel's routing
table, whereas "iptables" commands don't - although they may have the
same effect.

Having stuck my neck out, I'll now let someone who knows what they're
talking about whack my head off :-/

- John
--
"You are in a little maze of twisty passages, all different."