[Dshield] Problems with DShield submission

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Mon Jun 10 14:50:23 GMT 2002

Hi, there.

I noticed something strange about a couple of the messages which were
auto-submitted to DShield over the weekend.

I get a message like this:

>                Authorized Userid: 0
>   The e-mail address you used to submit this report from
>   did not match the address we have on file.

The rest of the file is normal, except that the From: line at the
bottom is:

> From: ROOT at MAEI.CA VIA SERVER

For successful submissions, the line is:

> From:  NELS at MAEI.CA

which is the registered address.

I haven't changed, the /etc/dshield.cnf file since I initially set it
up, and the proper address is what's in the file.  Any idea what's
going on here?

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager