[Dshield] Stumped by 238.7.6.6

Grant Thurman Grant at Netprecision.Net
Mon Jun 17 15:46:21 GMT 2002

Sorry the last email got away before I was done:

I have some idiot at 238.7.6.6 (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority) which
resolves to IANA which ends up at RIPE DBM, they (IANA) will do nothing to
help, attacking my mail server every second on IGMP, the firewall is
blocking OK but the logs are huge and it is just a pain. Does anyone know
how to get IANA to answer an email to find out who they gave the IP to so I
can get them to stop?? I am about ready to make a phone call to the
Authorities in The Kingdom of the Netherlands and pusue criminal action.

inetnum:      224.0.0.0 - 239.255.255.255
netname:      IANA-DBLK
descr:        Whole Class D address space
country:      NL
admin-c:      RD132-RIPE
tech-c:       RD132-RIPE
status:       ALLOCATED UNSPECIFIED
remarks:      Country is really worldwide
remarks:      This address space is assigned at various other places in
remarks:      the world and might therefore not be in the RIPE database.
mnt-by:       RIPE-NCC-MNT
mnt-lower:    RIPE-NCC-MNT
changed:      ripe-dbm at ripe.net 20000802
source:       RIPE

role:         RIPE DBM
address:      Singel 258
address:      NL-1016 AB  Amsterdam
address:      Kingdom of the Netherlands
e-mail:       ripe-dbm at ripe.net
remarks:      RIPE Database Administration
trouble:      Documentation: http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/database.html
trouble:      FAQ: http://www.ripe.net/faq/database/index.html
trouble:      Questions and problem reports ... mailto:ripe-dbm at ripe.net
trouble:      spam, abuse reports .....  mailto:nicdb at ripe.net