[Dshield] Stumped by 238.7.6.6

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Wed Jun 19 12:52:29 GMT 2002

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Jonathan G. Lampe wrote:

> >I have some idiot at 238.7.6.6 (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority) which
> >resolves to IANA which ends up at RIPE DBM, they (IANA) will do nothing to
> >help
>
> FYI, IANA employees have a tendency to send copies of emails like this
> around with the one about the end user who thought the CD-ROM was a cupholder.

That rumour can neither be confirmed nor denied ;).

As a by the by, the original object in the RIPE database which caused poor
Grant's confusion has been changed to refer to www.iana.org .  Again,
before complaining about any object in any database, the comments or
remarks fields attached to the object should be understood.

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations