[Dshield] Possible virus

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Fri Jun 21 04:33:04 GMT 2002

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 03:00:43PM -0700, Samuel wrote:
> In my opinion, a vCard (vcf) is a reasonable exception. It is quite common
> for them to be sent. They are not an executable. If there is not any
> vulnerability caused by opening them then it is reasonable to allow them. Of
> course I know it is much easier to suggest such a thing than to implement.

Well. Let's dig right in and disguise a malicious executable as a *.vcf

Seems I recall that opening/previewing/double-clicking on stuff in
Window$ has caused a *whole* lot of grief..

*.vcf's are just more meaningless fluff.

Ya wanna advertise yourself, get a cool .sig and be done with it...

- John
--
"You are in a little maze of twisty passages, all different."