[Dshield] Possible virus

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Fri Jun 21 15:40:56 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 15:00, Samuel wrote:
> In my opinion, a vCard (vcf) is a reasonable exception. It is quite common
> for them to be sent. They are not an executable.

They *are* usable as an attack vector, otherwise the sanitizer would not
consider them "executable". There was an announcement on bugtraq a year
or two ago about how to get executable content into a .VCF file.

 Any time that PR dominates the information stream, you can't trust
 the information.
                                               - CRYPTO-GRAM 01/2002