[Dshield] Is this normal?

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Sun Jun 23 17:17:27 GMT 2002

On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 08:17:48PM -0400, Mercy wrote:

8< snip >8

> I'd definetly switch to linux then. (Still would like to switch to linux,
> but that means i'd have to give up so many programs i use that aren't made
> for lin.)
>
> Sorry for rambling,
> Mercy

You might be surprised at the wide range of functionality available
within the spectrum of Linux applications.

Try not to think of matching application to application, but rather
task to task.

If you are interested in moving out of user-land and really learning
something about computers, operating systems, networking, etc etc,
then Linux is for you.

If you just want to "do stuff" and don't care how it's done, you may
wish to stick with Window$, although my personal recommendation would
still be to get off the BillG treadmill, and abandon any Window$
version past Win98..

Even then, you can bet BillG will make what you have obsolete as fast
as he can, and you'd pretty much better give up hope of using any new
applications as backwards compatibility to previous versions of
Window$ will certainly be slowly eliminated.

Which means that you might as well migrate to Linux, after all.

Just MHO, of course.

- John
--
"You are in a twisty maze of different passages, all little."